- Requires each carrier offering medical malpractice insurance in the state to provide information regarding the insurer's policies related to labor and delivery services to the department of public health and environment;
- Repeals language that gives no force or effect to an advanced directive of a person who is pregnant while the person's fetus is viable;
- Requires annual reporting to the legislature on the use of restraints on a pregnant person within each jail, private contract prison, and correctional facility;
- Establishes requirements for each facility that incarcerates or has custody of people with the capacity for pregnancy;
- Requires the Colorado civil rights commission to receive reports from people alleging maternity care that is not organized for, and provided to, a person who is pregnant or in the postpartum period in a manner that is culturally congruent; maintains the person's dignity, privacy, and confidentiality; ensures freedom from harm and mistreatment; and enables informed choices and continuous support; and
- Requires each health facility that provides services related to labor and childbirth to demonstrate to the department of public health and environment that the health facility has a policy that meets certain requirements.
To implement this act:
- $148,783 is appropriated from the general fund to the department of corrections for use by institutions; and
- $50,215 is appropriated from the general fund to the department of public health and environment for use by the health facilities and emergency medical services division.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)