The act removes the existing restriction on pumped hydroelectric facilities as a source of recycled energy, which is included in the definition of an eligible energy resource under the renewable energy standard statute, and instead includes any pumped hydroelectric facility under 15 megawatts that:
- Does not combust fossil fuel to pump water;
- Is not located on a natural waterway;
- Includes measures to prevent fish mortality in the facility;
- Does not impact any decreed in-stream flow; and
- Does not cause any violation of state water quality standards when operated.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)