Focus Colorado presents forecasts for the economy and state government revenue through FY 2017-18. Implications of the forecast for the state's General Fund budget and spending limit are described in the report's highlights and executive summary sections. The report is based on current law, legislation passed by the General Assembly affecting the forecast is described throughout the report.
Focus Colorado Sections:
- income taxes;
- sales and use taxes; and
- cigarette, tobacco products, and liquor excise taxes.
- gasoline taxes;
- vehicle registration fees;
- gaming taxes;
- hospital provider fees;
- severance taxes and federal mineral lease revenue; and
- unemployment insurance premiums, benefits, and the trust fund balance;
- marijuana tax revenue.
- Metro Denver: Broomfield, Boulder, Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas, and Jefferson counties.
- Northern: Weld and Larimer counties.
- Colorado Springs: El Paso County.
- Pueblo and Southern Mountains: Pueblo, Fremont, Custer, Huerfano, and Las Animas counties.
- San Luis Valley: Alamosa, Conejos, Costilla, Mineral, Rio Grande, and Saguache counties.
- Southwest Mountain Region: Archuleta, Dolores, La Plata, Montezuma, and San Juan counties.
- Western: Delta, Garfield, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Mesa, Moffat, Montrose, Ouray, Rio Blanco, and San Miguel counties.
- Mountain: Chafee, Clear Creek, Eagle, Gilpin, Grand, Jackson, Lake, Park, Pitkin, Routt, Summit, and Teller counties.
- Eastern: Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Morgan, Washington, Yuma, Elbert, Lincoln, Kit Carson, Cheyenne, Crowley, Kiowa, Otero, Bent, Prowers, and Baca counties.
Historical economic data for the nation and Colorado.