Military Veteran Occupational Credentials
- Evaluate the extent to which military training meets state requirements;
- Identify reciprocity mechanisms with other states;
- Determine if an occupational exam is available to authorize a veteran to practice an occupation;
- Document the results and publish a summary of pathways available to a veteran to obtain authorization to practice an occupation;
- Identify, where appropriate, those professions or occupations whose licencing and credentials are based on passing an exam;
- Consult with community colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions with regard to bridge programs to cover educational gaps and refresher courses for lapsed credentials; and
- Consider adopting a national credentialing exam.
Each state agency may consult with any military official, state agency, or post-secondary educational institution.
$73,551 is appropriated to the department of regulatory agencies from the division of professions and occupations cash fund to implement the act.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)