The act updates and clarifies language related to the foster youth in transition program (program), including:
- Defining "dependent on the court" as being under the juvenile court's jurisdiction;
- Directing the court to advise the juvenile of specific services;
- Repealing certain provisions related to continuing jurisdiction of the court;
- Adding provisions to the program for juveniles or youths who were in a dependency and neglect case or other case pursuant to the Children's Code;
- Updating and specifying the form and content of the petition for the program; and
- Adding language and requirements concerning the initial hearing related to the program.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)