2028 2024 .
- Replaces the executive director of the department of human services, or the executive director's designee, with the commissioner of the behavioral health administration, or the commissioner's designee;
- Replaces the executive director of the department of higher education, or the executive director's designee, with a representative of higher education with expertise in criminal justice;
- Eliminates an expert in juvenile justice issues;
- Adds a second criminal defense attorney, and requires that one must be from a rural judicial district;
- Severs one existing position for a community corrections provider, community corrections board member, or a behavioral, mental health, or substance use disorder treatment provider into 2 positions: One for a behavioral, mental health, or substance use disorder treatment provider and one who represents a community corrections provider or a community corrections board; and
- Eliminates the 2 at-large members and substitutes one member who works with a community-based reentry program.
(Note: Italicized words indicate new material added to the original summary; dashes through words indicate deletions from the original summary.)
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)