The Colorado state legislature uses a range of fiscal and economic information provided by Legislative Council Staff and other state agencies to manage the state budget. This website provides information and resources on key fiscal and economic topics.
- Staff forecasts provide estimates of state revenue, economic conditions, and program caseloads.
- Colorado’s economy is diverse and drives many fiscal and policy decisions by the General Assembly. Staff regularly conducts research and publishes forecasts of the Colorado economy
- The budget process & tax policy in Colorado are key determinants of how state funds are spent and how much is available for appropriation.
- Fiscal notes provide information on the costs, revenue, and staffing impacts of legislation considered by the General Assembly and ballot measures referred to voters.
- School finance funding for public K-12 education is one of the largest components of the state budget. Detailed forecasting and analysis is provided to estimate school funding needs and the impact of school finance decisions on local school districts.