Sales And Use Tax Simplification Task Force
- Continues the sales and use tax simplification task force for 6 years;
- Specifies that the task force will not meet during the 2020 interim;
- Includes a process for selecting a chair and vice-chair of the task force;
- Modifies the task force's duties;
- Requires the joint technology committee to seek regular updates from the office of information technology (OIT) and the department of revenue (DOR) regarding the development of the electronic sales and use tax simplification (SUTS) system, to monitor and encourage participation by businesses and home rule municipalities in the SUTS system, and to seek regular updates from OIT and DOR regarding the purchase and development of a geographic information system (GIS) database; and
- Removes the requirement that the task force undergo an evaluation by the department of regulatory agencies prior to the task force's repeal.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)