Regional Transportation District Operation
The act amends provisions related to the operation of the regional transportation district (district), including:
- Amending a cap on the amount of all vehicular service the district can allow to be provided by third parties under competitive contracts to be measured by platform time or its equivalent;
- Expanding the types of entities the district can contract with to include nonprofit organizations and local government;
- Repealing farebox recovery ratio requirements and requiring the district to include in its annual financial reports information on annual operating costs, ridership numbers, and operating costs divided by ridership as a measure of the cost efficiency of its services;
- Repealing a limitation on developments that would reduce parking at a facility or result in a competitive disadvantage to private businesses near the facility; and
- Repealing limitations on the district's authority to charge fees and manage parking at district parking facilities.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)