Fire and police pension association - new hire pension plans - employer liability - statewide standard health history form. Several aspects of the statewide standard health history form (form) that members of the fire and police pension association (FPPA) are required to complete at the commencement of employment are clarified as follows:
- Newly hired members are required to fill out the form;
- The employer must require newly hired members to complete and file the form;
- The board of directors of the FPPA is authorized to adopt an electronic format for the completion and filing of the form;
- A member is ineligible for disability benefits with respect to an occupational or total disability that is the proximate consequence or result of a pre-existing and permanent medical condition; and
- The surviving spouse and dependent children of a member are ineligible for survivor benefits if the member's death is the proximate consequence or result of a pre-existing and permanent medical condition.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)