The act implements the recommendations of the department of regulatory agencies' sunset review and report on the licensing of audiologists by:
- Continuing the licensing of audiologists for 11 years, to 2031;
- Requiring licensees and insurance carriers to report any malpractice settlements or judgments to the director of the division of professions and occupations in the department of regulatory agencies within 30 days and specifying that failure of a licensee to comply with this requirement is grounds for discipline;
- Requiring final agency actions to be appealed directly to the court of appeals;
- Amending the language in the grounds for discipline referring to an alcohol or substance use disorder; and
- Adding deceptive trade practice provisions related to the dispensing of hearing aids by audiologists.
The act also requires each audiologist to complete at least 10 hours of continuing education each license renewal period.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)