Prohibit COVID-19 Vaccine To Minor Without Consent
Concerning measures to prohibit requiring administration of a COVID-19 vaccine to a minor without informed consent.
2023 Regular Session
The bill prohibits:
- Requiring a COVID-19 vaccine for a minor in Colorado;
- Administering a COVID-19 vaccine to a child without the informed consent of the child's parent or legal guardian;
- Administering a COVID-19 vaccine to an emancipated minor without the informed consent of the emancipated minor;
- A school from dismissing, suspending, refusing admission, or refusing to permit participation in an extracurricular activity to a student who has claimed a COVID-19 immunization exemption;
- A public or private entity from discriminating against a minor participating in a nonpublic home-based educational program based on whether the minor received the COVID-19 vaccine;
- A public entity from levying a fee, fine, or tax, or a private entity from levying a fine or fee, on a minor or their parent or legal guardian based on whether the minor received the COVID-19 vaccine; or
- A public or private entity from discriminating against a minor based on whether the minor received a COVID-19 vaccine.
The bill allows an aggrieved person to file a civil action and waives sovereign immunity if the violator is a public entity.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as introduced.)