- Requires the board, when revising standards for both adult and juvenile sex offenders, to incorporate the concepts of risk-need-responsibility or another evidence-based correctional model and to complete the revisions by July 1, 2017, or report to the judiciary committees a projected completion date in its report to those committees in January 2017;
- Directs the board whenever it adopts portions of the standards and guidelines to publish the approved portions;
- Requires the board to develop a data collection plan, including associated costs, and report on the plan at its January 2017 report to the judiciary committees;
- Requires the supervising agency of each adult and juvenile sex offender to give the offender a choice of at least two appropriate treatment providers but, once selected, the offender cannot change the provider without other approval;
- Requires the board to review and investigate complaints and grievances against authorized providers concerning its standards and to notify the department of regulatory agencies (DORA) of any complaints or grievances and the outcomes of any investigations; and
- Requires DORA to notify the board of any complaints or grievances received concerning authorized providers and the outcomes of any investigations.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)