The act amends the "Workers' Compensation Act of Colorado" by:
- Creating a process for a claimant to receive advance payment for mileage expenses for travel that is reasonably necessary and related to obtaining compensable treatment, supplies, or services and that requires round-trip travel greater than 100 miles;
- Specifying how to determine the benefit amount for medical impairment when the amount payable using the schedule of injuries would exceed the amount payable for nonscheduled injuries;
- Increasing the maximum benefit payable for funeral and burial expenses;
- Requiring reporting by employers to the division of workers' compensation (division) in the department of labor and employment of active medical treatments necessary to cure and relieve an injury lasting for a period of more than 180 calendar days after the date of the injury; and
- Repealing the special funds board and moving the duties of the board to the director of the division.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)