Substantive changes include:
- Broadening the name and scope of the legislative oversight committee (committee) and associated task force (task force) from concerning the treatment of "persons with mental health disorders" to "persons with behavioral health disorders";
- Allowing the task force to research topics for members of the committee upon request;
- Adjusting task force membership;
- Further defining issues for the task force to study; and
- Extending the repeal date to July 1, 2027.
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)