Sunset Continue Custom Processing Meat Animals
- Continuing the act for 9 years, to September 2032 ( sections 1 and 2 );
- Repealing obsolete provisions that concern the use of a stakeholder process to develop poultry labeling requirements ( section 3 );
- Consolidating statutory provisions imposing civil penalties for a violation into one provision ( section 4 );
- Standardizing criminal penalties by reducing the penalty for a violation of the act or a rule promulgated under the act from a class 2 misdemeanor with a fine of $750 and up to 364 days imprisonment to a petty offense, which is up to a $300 fine or 10 days in jail ( section 5 ); and
- Directing that civil penalties be credited to the general fund ( section 6 ).
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)