In the 2020-21 state fiscal year, the act transfers $25 million from the general fund as follows:
- Section 1 transfers $750,000 to the Colorado avalanche information center fund for use by the Colorado avalanche information center in the department of natural resources (department) to support backcountry avalanche safety programs;
- Section 2 transfers $3.5 million to the wildlife cash fund for use by the division of parks and wildlife (division) in the department to implement its statewide wildlife action plan and the conservation of native species;
- Section 3 transfers $2.25 million to the search and rescue fund for use by the department of local affairs in consultation with the division to support backcountry search and rescue efforts;
- Section 4 transfers $1 million to the outdoor equity fund for use by the division to implement the outdoor equity grant program; and
- Section 5 transfers $17.5 million to the parks and outdoor recreation cash fund for use by the division as follows:
- $3.5 million for staffing and maintenance projects; and
- $14 million for infrastructure and state park development projects.
Section 6 appropriates the amounts transferred in sections 1 to 5 to the department and the department of local affairs for the uses specified in sections 1 to 5 and authorizes the use of the money through the 2023-24 state fiscal year.
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)