The bill creates the statewide equity office (office) in the department of personnel.
and administration. The office is charged with providing best practices, resources, and guidance for state agencies in offering equitable services to the residents of Colorado as well as providing an accepting and diverse environment for state employees. The bill outlines the duties and responsibilities of the office.
- $1,793,072 to the department of personnel for use by the executive director's office.
- $324,064 to the department of human services.
- $194,878 to the department of revenue.
- $61,845 to the department of regulatory agencies.
- $74,990 is appropriated to the department of health care policy and financing.
For the 2022-23 state fiscal year, the general assembly anticipates that the department of health care policy and financing will receive $74,990 in federal funds for the bill's implementation.
(Note: Italicized words indicate new material added to the original summary; dashes through words indicate deletions from the original summary.)
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)