Colorado Fostering Success Voucher Program
The bill establishes the Colorado fostering success voucher program (program) in the department of human services (DHS). The purpose of the program is to provide housing vouchers and case management services to eligible youth.
Case management service agencies are eligible to participate in the program if they are currently participating in a certain type of foster youth program.
Eligibility criteria for youth include:
- Being at least 18 years of age but less than 26 years of age;
- Having had prior experience in one of several ways with the foster care or kinship care system;
- Experiencing homelessness or being at imminent risk of homelessness and agreeing to receive case management services;
- Being a Colorado resident; and
- Having an income level below that determined by the state department of local affairs (DOLA).
DHS and DOLA shall develop a joint administration and implementation plan for the program. Availability, standards, and services for the program are listed in the bill.
(Note: This summary applies to the reengrossed version of this bill as introduced in the second house.)