The act requires the department of health care policy and financing (department) to:
- At least quarterly, publish on its website an audit activity report detailing current and recently completed recovery audits and summaries of the findings of recovery audits;
- When the department enters into a new contract for recovery audits, post on its website a copy of the contract, scope of work, and information regarding supervision of contractor deliverables for such audits;
- At least quarterly, conduct trainings for providers and hold stakeholder meetings; and
- Create a provider advisory group to advise the department on issues that providers have concerning the recovery audits.
The act requires the office of the state auditor to:
- During the 2023-24 state fiscal year, contract for an independent review of the department's recovery audit contractor program for compliance with requirements of the federal recovery audit contractor's program, coding practice standards, and state law; and
- Contract with an entity to assess federal flexibilities to improve the recovery audit contractors program and assist the department in pursuing those flexibilities.
The act appropriates from the general fund $39,287 to the department and $850,000 to the legislative department for use by the office of the state auditor.
APPROVED by Governor June 1, 2023
EFFECTIVE June 1, 2023
(Note: This summary applies to this bill as enacted.)